You read the title right. Giddy up, cowboy, this is the 21st century. Everything about the way the world consumes media is changing. Just ask yourself when the last time you watched a commercial on TV, excluding the Super Bowl. Sure, you know about Facebook, Twitter and you’re probably pretty savvy with Snapchat. You’ve heard of live streaming products like Periscope & Meerkat, but you probably don’t spend any time messing with those. So what does it all mean? How do you use these as tools to generate new customers for your business?
To understand, let’s first understand some recent social media statistics:
- While social media platforms are growing across the board, Facebook still corners the marketing with 7x the usage compared to Twitter
- When brands respond to product misuse with guiding explanations, shoppers who see the review response are 186% more likely to purchase
- Local Facebook pages received 107% more interactions than global brand pages
- US adults now spend 29% more time on digital than TV
- Social media is now the #1 source of referral traffic for content on the web
- 47% of Americans say Facebook is their #1 influencer of purchases
- Facebook accounts for 15.5% of total time spent on the internet
Lesson here: you need to have Facebook page. Now, you’re probably thinking to yourself “Duh, of course I need to have a Facebook page.” Who are we kidding, even our grandmothers have a Facebook page (actually, the fastest growing demographic on Facebook is 55-64 age bracket, but that’s another story for another time). So how do you use your Facebook page to engage with your customers & potential customers?
Try some of these:
- Posting images and videos of your product or service in use
- Provide facts and tips on using your product or service
- Share articles on why your product or service is needed
- Showcase customer testimonials
- Encourage people to interact with you and your company on your social channels so potential customers can see your responses and care
These are just a few ideas on how to engage with your audience. If you want more ideas on how to maximize your social media strategies, reach out to us at CODEMAY and we can partner on a plan to increase the effectiveness of your social channels.